Excellent Tips to Get Back Into Shape After Thanksgiving
It’s here again – the time of year when all your diet and fitness regimens are put aside for the sake of enjoying food, fun, and fellowship with your loved ones.
After all the celebration and enjoyment is done, however, you’d be surprised how quickly all the hard work you put in to stay in shape goes down the drain. You’ll probably smile and be convinced that it was all worth it, but now it’s time to get back in shape.
Take advantage of these tried, tested, and proven tips to get back on track:
1. Increase water intake. You can’t overlook the wonderful benefits of water to your body. Not only does it hydrate, but when consumed in recommended portions, it serves to flush the body and helps you eliminate any leftover toxins and free radicals from all those fat-heavy, calorie-dense Thanksgiving fares.
* If you have a hard time drinking plain water, convert it into a more pleasant beverage by making flavored green tea, or squeezing lemon in it for a refreshing twist.
* Drink enough water to send you to the bathroom at least five times per day.
2. Rev up your metabolism. The sooner you take steps to increase your metabolism, the sooner your body can start to really burn those extra pounds. These activities will increase your metabolism:
* Green tea is an excellent product for increasing metabolism. Have a cup or two during the day, but if you react badly to caffeine, avoid drinking green tea at night.
* Add some B complex to your daily vitamin intake.
* You can also increase your metabolism by eating foods that require extra energy to digest, such as protein.
3. Load up on fiber. Fiber-rich foods go hand in hand with water. They help to pull the toxins from the body that the water flushes out. Restudent that your body doesn’t absorb much of the fiber, so its main purpose is to take bad stuff with it when it’s being passed out.
* Fiber can be found in fruits and vegetables, especially the ones that are consumed with the skin on.
* Vegetables like long beans, broccoli, and cauliflower are great sources of fiber.
* It’s a good idea to also include whole grains like granola and brown rice.
4. Get moving with cardio. Doing cardiovascular exercises is the best way to get the burn you want. If you were on a complete break during Thanksgiving, pace yourself by doing three 45-minute sessions per week. In time, you can step it up to four or five hour-long sessions.
* Swimming, walking, and cycling are great cardiovascular exercises.
* If time is an issue, get a few exercise DVDs and work out at home at your convenience.
Although your best bet to get back into shape after Thanksgiving is to not lose track at all, it’s only human for you to want to indulge a little. If you’re guilty of going overboard during Thanksgiving, this program should get you on track again.