As a Life Coach I know that stress is a challenge that can affect every aspect of your life. It plays out in your health, personal relationships, work and even effects your self-esteem.
How do you answer the question, “Is your glass half empty or half full?”
It’s a question I love to use as a Life Coach to determine your outlook on life. If the glass is always half-empty for you, you’re pessimistic about the future. Time for some great Life Coaching sessions!
If it’s half-full in your World, it usually means that you’re looking forward to a promising future. All of this is created by your mindset – cool right?
The power of positive thinking (easily achieved with use of a Life Coach) can turn your negativity into a positive outlook and with that positive outlook comes less stress. If this seems farfetched to you I challenge you to give it a go.. You are constantly creating your World in your mind…
The health benefits of positive thinking are incredible and most of them have to do with choosing to improve your happiness and reducing the amount of stress in your life. Those of you that follow my blogs will know I’m big on that word ‘choose’.. you are choosing your thought in every minute of every day… As I say to my Life Coaching clients and students, “with all of the choices you have why choose stress”?
Some of the benefits of using Positive Thinking include:
• Living longer – The Mayo Clinic has now worked with researchers to determine that positive thinking and a an outlook of optimism can increase your life span.
• Reduce depression – A positive person very seldom chooses depressed. It’s known that those who find the silver lining in the clouds of turmoil have less chance of becoming depressed.
• Resistance to health challenges – Health challenges can be a cause to choose stress, and those with a positive outlook on life can resist health challenges easier and recover from an illness faster.
• Mental well-being – A positive outlook can make a massive difference in how you relate to others. Most people find it hard to not smile back at someone smiling at them! Maybe it’s time to change your World – one smile at a time!
• Better able to cope – Coping skills in all aspects of life improve when you have a positive outlook. During times of stress and hardships in life, people with positive thought patterns fare much better. On top of this is developing a mindset that helps you know with 100% certainty that no matter what life throws at you, you will come out just fine.. This is a surefire way to help you stop stressing!
All of the research tells us that those who practice positive thinking experience better overall health and happier lives and it’s a fact that the unhealthy effects of stress are less likely to cause other, more serious challenges if you’re thinking positively.
Did you know working with a Life Coach can help you to understand your thought patterns daily and teach various ways to change your negative thoughts into positive ones? Might be worth picking up the phone and starting on the path to a new, more positive and happy you.. What’s the worst thing that can happen?